September 7th is National Beer Lover's Day, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to highlight our 3 beer soaps. These make wonderful gifts for beer lovers, but that's not the only reason for using beer in a bar of soap!
Why Beer Makes a Great Bar of Soap
- The naturally occurring sugars in beer make for a smooth, creamy lather with lots of extra bubbles.
- Hops contain amino acids and vitamins that soothe inflammation and irritated skin (like from ingrown hairs or dermatitis). This and the lather, make it a great bar for shaving, as well.
- Brewer's yeast is antibacterial, so when used as a facial bar it can aid in treating acne and balancing oil levels.
- The vitamins and proteins in beer make it great for repairing for hair. I have found bar soaps to be drying for my hair (it's the wrong pH for dry hair), but for someone with an oily or flaky scalp, beer soaps make a great shampoo. Or try it as a beard wash!
- It's the ideal soap to use when you're having a shower beer. ;)
Our Beer Soaps
Lion Bridge Beer Soap
It has the perfect scent to complement a light golden ale - summery notes of raspberry and tomato leaf pair nicely with a malty undertone. Learn more about Lion Bridge Brewing Company.
Our PBR soap is the perfect gift for any Pabst Lover!
Made with Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, this soap features a fragrance that smells EXACTLY like a freshly poured glass of PBR.
The packaging parodies the Pabst logo, and everyone who spots these bars will make a beeline for our booth. Fun Fact: Pabst Canada ran a giveaway using our PBR soaps on their Instagram page. And then they sent us some fun swag!Pop's Hops Beer Soap
This is first beer soap we made a part of our regular line. Pop's Hops is a favorite among some of our regular customers.
You can't go wrong with the scent of Tobacco and Bay Leaf. It's a lighter scent that is earthy and slightly spicy.
We inevitably came out with a beard oil in this scent, because people liked it so much. It's perfect for those who prefer herbal, nature-like scents. I know I do!