Privacy, Legal, & CopyrightThis website and its content is copyright of Thumbprint Soap - © 2013 Thumbprint Soap. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content.
- Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system(s).
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Thumbprint Soap and while we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Thumbprint Soap. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
This Web site was created using Shopify.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- For email list subscription: first name and email address
- For purchases: first and last name, address, email address, and any other relevant information that enables us to collect payment and mail your package to you. We do not store payment information, as Etsy handles this. Etsy also provides us with statistical information about our store, but not about individual buyers.
- For blog comments: there is a very basic form to fill out before commenting. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Social media: any communication on social media potentially provides us with the information on your public profile, should we be so inclined to look.
What we do with the information we gather
Mainly, we use your information in order to fulfill your specific request(s), such as providing you with the products you have purchased or information you have requested. We may use the information in your purchase history, reviews, and/or communication to improve our products and services. We may share on social media any mention of our company or products that have been shared publicly by any person or business. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided through an opt-in method. We do not send unsolicited emails. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to unsubscribe from email correspondence at any time. You may ask us to remove mention of you or your business that we have used in a promotional way.